Monday 31 March 2008

Print project.

What a frustrating day.

I have the topic, marginalia from an old French religious tome. Some ten pages are adorned with various hands, on a number of different topics. Corners are folded over, crumbs cascade from the pages as I open them. Simply wonderful stuff, the secret life of a book.

So to the print technique, as with a lot of what I do it has to be simple. But today nothing is going right. I can not blame the materials, the subject matter, the ink or the press. It is all down to me, I have to concentrate, take five and restart. Have been in the studio since six this morning and managed to produce a pile of waste. Some days are like this, nothing seems to go right. A cup of tea and a fag should restore me. Back to the bench and start again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Since six! Does sound very frustrating. Hope things go better.

Kathryn said...

Six o'clock!!?! Your problem might be a lack of sleep, young man.