Saturday 20 December 2008

A mini studio 5 in India.

I love my job, one of the highlights is being able to leave a cold, dark and damp England for the warmth of India.

At one point it looked that I would not be going. The terrorist attack in Bombay had caused a degree of concern. My wife, friends and studio members asked me to think long and hard. I had intended to fly into Bombay, spending a couple of days checking out the suppliers and getting over the jet lag before going on to Anandwan. In the end it was decided that it would be best not to spend time in Bombay but catch the first flight out to Nagpur ( The nearest airport to Anandwan )

This sounded fine in theory but in practise it was a different case. The flight from London was the usual mind and bottom numbing 8 or so hours. Having to check in some three hours before spending an age wandering around London Heathrow, terminal 3, trying to buy something to keep me occupied. Once in Bombay I face the agony of some six or so hours before the flight to Nagpur. The joy of travel.

Following the flight to Nagpur I then faced the next two hours lurching on and off the road in a four wheel ambulance ( the only way to travel ) The rest of the day was spent recovering.


Waiting on a pink, concrete bench with a mini Studio 5 for my transport


The transport. Please note that the studio equipment is given priority.


With Mr Amru ( the head of the section where I would be working ) talking over the box making projects.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Mark,

I admire your energy. To come back from Japan and then go to India with such a quick turn-around is impressive. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Happy Christmas!

Paul P.