Thursday 25 May 2017

Iskandar Jalil. Lazy Susan and teserea.

 I have started to use my Lazy Susan. A table top turn table used for dinner parties and the like. I enjoy the fact that I am able to turn the book this way and that, to enjoy the 3d, sculptural aspect to the work. I can see the flow of the design and how the various elements work or not as the case may be.
 Jalil worked in a number of directions. yes, there are vessels (pots) and there are the sculptural works but he also worked with plaques. I like the thought of them being pieces of a collage. I have made a number of small plaques or teserea. Each is about 2cm x 2cm... In a way I have created  lip around each board, the boards have become thin or low walled vessels themselves. Now I can begin to work on the content of the boards/vessels


No comments: