Sunday 4 June 2017

Iskandar Jalil, Clay Travels

 A day for working and remembering.  Work continues on the Iskandar Jalil binding.  I know I should not say this but I am having so much fun. When at art college all those years ago I studied ceramics. I enjoyed my one afternoon a week in the pot shop as it was called. How those wonderful memories have been re-kindled.
 The light blue modeling clay has been coloured using acrylics whilst the pinkish/red has been coloured using soil from Singapore. The delicate shade hides its origin... mud.




 I am trying to evoke the work of Jalil, however he is varied in his output and with a huge raft of work it is easy to find inspiration.





 The work to the back board is not complete yet. more has to be done but the foundation is there.

No comments: